- Workshop overview
From November 2021 to April 2022, the TVET Programme collaborated with DVET to build and successfully implement the pilot Open Vocational Education and Training Resources Platform (OVETR) for the community of 11 GIZ partner colleges and affiliated enterprises. The goal of building the OVETR platform is to promote the production and sharing of digital learning resources, and establish and test a mechanism to manage and operate a shared repository of learning materials, thereby drawing lessons from experience, creating a premise for the development and expansion of the OVETR platform for the entire VET system of Vietnam. In order to scale up the OVETR platform to the national level, the platform needs to be further developed in terms of model, infrastructure and features.
2. Overall objectives
The workshop aims to provide participants with a general concept and its development of OER in the world as well as in Vietnam. In addition, the workshop introduces participants to the pilot Open Vocational Education and Training Resources (OVETR) platform shared by the community of 11 GIZ partner colleges and affiliated enterprises led by TVET Programme in collaboration with DVET, and D&L Company for development and implementation. At the same time, when participating in the workshop, the consultant will give suggestions and advice to build and upgrade the National Open Vocational Education Resource (OVETR) platform. The workshop also creates an open and interactive forum for managers, consultants, technology companies, staff and teachers in the VET system to discuss, exchange, propose and advise on the national model OVETR platform.
3. Key contents
- Key content 1:OER concept and development of OER in the world and in Vietnam
- Key content 2:Introduction to the process of building and developing a pilot Open Vocational Education and Training Resources (OVETR) platform, outstanding results, and lessons learned.
- Key content 3:Proposal to models, technology solutions, and development roadmap for the national model of the OVETR platform
- Key content 4:Discussion and exchange issues related to scaling up the national model of the OVETR platform
- Key content 5: Conclusion on the policy and initial orientation for the development of DVET
4. Targeted participants
Participants: DVET, GIZ, D&L Company, TVET institutes (including 11 GIZ partner colleges), enterprises and consultants.
Number of participants: unlimited
5. General information
Time: 9:00 – 11:00, 31/05/2022
Link: MST (Here)
6. Workshop agenda
|Time||Contents||Person(s) in charge|
|8:30 –9:00||Welcoming participants||Board of organizers|
|9:00 – 9:10||Welcoming speech||Representatives of DVET and GIZ|
|9:10 – 9:50||– Context of Open Educational Resources (OER) in the world and in Vietnam.|
– Introduction to the pilot Open Vocational Education and Training Resources (OVETR) platform: the building process; viewpoints on open vocational education and training resources; architectural model; outstanding features; existences, limitations and lessons.
– Proposal of the national model for OVETR platform: proposed architectural model; additional suggested features; development roadmap.
|D&L Corp., JSC|
|9:50 – 10:50||Discussion, advice and suggestions for the national model of the OVETR platform||DVET, consultants, participants|
|10:50 – 11:00||Conclusion and Closing||DVET|