1. Reasons for implementing the webinar
Artificial intelligence (AI), after 70 years of development, achieves various major breakthrough and comprehensively effects all aspects of science, economy and society. AI plays a key role in the progress of DX and the Industry 4.0. AI has a large applying potential and effects to the educational system in general and the TVET system in particular. The effects of AI to the labour market and requirements on human resources also creates a lot of pressure for management officials, teachers and students to change.
DX in TVET in Viet Nam has have great development in recent years. However, the topic on the potential for applying and the effects of AI in TVET has not been discussed thoroughly. Leaders, teachers and officials in TVET still have many differences in understanding and knowledge of AI, as well as assessing the right level of AI’s potential and effects. As a result, the TVET Programme organizes the webinar on “The potential for applying and effects of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in TVET”.
2. General information
- Webinar: “The potential for applying and effects of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in TVET”
- Webinar form: Online via MS Team (LINK)
- Timeline: 09:00 – 12:00, 31/10/2023
- Speakers: Prof. Dr. Ho Tu Bao and Dr. Nguyen Nhat Quang
- Targeted participants: representatives of management officials, administrative officials, teachers and staff in TVET and from 11 partner TVET colleges, and GIZ staff.
The webinar focuses on creating a forum for experts, leaders, officials and teachers in TVET to discuss the development situation and the nature of AI, assessing the AI potential to the labour market, challenges and applying potential of AI in administration activities, teaching and learning activities in TVET sector.
4. Main content
- The development progress of AI, AI in the current situation of DX and Industry 4.0, definitions and AI categories.
- Effects of AI on the labor market and requirements of human resources. AI applications in TVET worldwide.
- The potential of AI effects and AI applications, as well as challenges to the TVET sector in Vietnam.
5. Implementation methods
In addition to presentations from experts, the webinar prepares a timeline for discussion, interacting and sharing opinions via the MS Team. The GIZ staff will create questions for each topic/content via the poll tool to support participants understanding definition and key content of the webinar, as well as doing survey via analysing participants’ responses for each content related to forecasting the potential for effects and applications of AI in TVET.