On May 26, 2020, the Delegates from German Embassy in Vietnam – Dr Sebastian Paust, First Counsellor, Head of Development Cooperation, German Embassy in Hanoi, Ms Helene Paust, First Secretary, Deputy Head of Development Cooperation, German Embassy in Hanoi), together with Dr Juergen Hartwig, Director of the Programme “Reform of TVET in Viet Nam" visited the College of Machinery and Irrigation (VCMI) to get an overview of the activities within the frame of the College's technical and financial cooperation programme. Besides the first time in September 2018, this is the second time the German Embassy delegation has visited the College.
Sewage Engineering Technicians
Field of activity
Sewage engineering technicians are responsible for operating and maintaining drainage networks as well as municipal and industrial treatment plants.
- Planning, coordinating and operating tasks following technical documents and standards, as well as legal framework
- Maintaining and operating machines, pipe system, facilities and equipment
- Performing measurements and analytical procedures for process and quality control
- Evaluating malfunctions and carrying out electrical works; executing electrical safety methods
- Recognising potential dangers and performing safeguard measures
- Collecting information, recording and evaluating data
- Documenting efficiency and taking measures to ensure quality, safety, health and environmental protection at cost-aware works