Last week the Ho Chi Minh City Vocational College of Technology II (HVCT) gave a cheerful send-off ceremony for Nguyen Thai Phuong, Wastewater Engineering Technician, and his trainer, Mr. Nguyen Xuan Thanh Nam as they leave for Kazan (Russia) to participate in the 45th WorldSkills Competition. Organised every two years, WorldSkills Competitions set the standards of skills excellence for young people pursuing vocational education and training worldwide ...
Sewage Engineering Technicians
Field of activity
Sewage engineering technicians are responsible for operating and maintaining drainage networks as well as municipal and industrial treatment plants.
- Planning, coordinating and operating tasks following technical documents and standards, as well as legal framework
- Maintaining and operating machines, pipe system, facilities and equipment
- Performing measurements and analytical procedures for process and quality control
- Evaluating malfunctions and carrying out electrical works; executing electrical safety methods
- Recognising potential dangers and performing safeguard measures
- Collecting information, recording and evaluating data
- Documenting efficiency and taking measures to ensure quality, safety, health and environmental protection at cost-aware works