The metalworking industry is a sector with potential for growth and employment. It contains a wide range of work places in the area of shipbuilding, bridge construction, car building, and a lot of other fields.
Skilled welders, developed welding technology as well as appropriate and well maintained welding equipment are corner stones for the development of many important industries. In the construction and the manufacturing sector, which have been major drivers of Vietnam's growth, building construction, manufacturing, shipbuilding, motorbike- and automobile parts, railways and maintenance of equipment rely on welding processes and the availability of skilled welders.
Qualified workers for metal cutting with the skills and the knowledge to operate Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machines are also required. With CNC machines it is possible to produce work pieces of high precision automatically and in complex forms. The access to qualified workers in this sector is a necessary condition for Vietnamese and international enterprises to improve the production processes and to increase a competitiveness.
Field of activity
Metalworkers work in the production, maintenance and assembly of metal and steel constructions, metal objects and forged products, of vehicle constructions and conversions as well as in the assembly, start-up, fault finding and maintenance of control systems.
Metalworkers carry out their work independently and as part of a team on the basis of technical documents and work orders, taking into account relevant provisions and safety regulations. They procure information, plan and co-ordinate their work, discuss and agree it with superiors and colleagues as well as with other areas, and document their work. In doing so, they take measures to ensure quality and work safety as well as health and environmental protection.
- plan and control work processes, monitor, document and evaluate work results,
- apply standards and guidelines for assuring product quality and contribute to the continuous improvement of work processes in the company,
- measure and control mechanical and physical quantities,
- make separable and inseparable connections,
- produce parts and components by various manual and machine manufacturing processes,
- treat and protect surfaces,
- secure loads, transport components and assemblies and use lifting gear,
- dismantle and assemble components and assemblies.
In the structural engineering specialist area:
- assemble, test, monitor and eliminate faults and malfunctions as well as repair control systems and components and write down the results,
- set up workplaces at building sites,
- produce components as well as assemble and dismantle metal and steel constructions,
- maintain metal and steel constructions.
In the metal design specialist area:
- produce surfaces and bodies by beating,
- handle a forge and select forgeable material,
- produce forged parts by manual and mechanical forging,
- make and repair tools and aids for forging,
- produce components and assemblies to plan as well as own designs and assemble and dismantle utility articles,
- restore components and assemblies.
In the commercial vehicle construction specialist area:
- assemble, test, monitor and adjust, eliminate faults and malfunctions, maintain and repair control systems and write down the results,
- produce bodies, vehicle frames and superstructures, carry out conversion work, install accessories and special attachments as well as test total functioning,
- test and repair bodies, vehicle frames and superstructures,
- test, process and protect surfaces.