On May 26, 2020, the Delegates from German Embassy in Vietnam – Dr Sebastian Paust, First Counsellor, Head of Development Cooperation, German Embassy in Hanoi, Ms Helene Paust, First Secretary, Deputy Head of Development Cooperation, German Embassy in Hanoi), together with Dr Juergen Hartwig, Director of the Programme “Reform of TVET in Viet Nam" visited the College of Machinery and Irrigation (VCMI) to get an overview of the activities within the frame of the College's technical and financial cooperation programme. Besides the first time in September 2018, this is the second time the German Embassy delegation has visited the College.
Field of activity
Electrical fitters (m/f) are involved in the assembly and installation of electricity supply, control engineering, signalling and lighting systems. Their work also involves inspecting and maintaining these systems and equipment.
Electrical fitters frequently work in teams and coordinate their work with prior and subsequent areas. They work independently from documents and instructions in a variety of different locations, primarily building sites, workshops and service areas, and are required to observe the pertinent regulations and safety provisions.
- plan the job and prepare the sequence of operations;
- set up and clear up the installation site;
- process and connect mechanical parts;
- assemble switchgear and wire up electrical assemblies;
- set up and install switchgear assemblies and distribution boards;
- install wiring systems; lay and connect wiring;
- install electrical systems for lighting, power supply distribution and control of electrical equipment and machines;
- measure and test electrical equipment and assemblies; adjust and commission them;
- rectify faults in electrical systems;
- document circuit diagrams, materials, spares and technical tests.