"Enhancing the scale and quality of vocational education and training (VET) is the key to economic development and the involvement of the business sector is the decisive factor to do so", Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc affirmed at the National Forum "Skilling Up Vietnam” in Hanoi on November 16, 2019. So far, this is the biggest forum on a skilled workforce that was co-organised by the Ministry of Labour Invalids and Social Affairs, Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce and Industry and relevant ministries.
Field of activity
Industrial mechanics manufacture, maintain and monitor technical systems. They are involved in setting up, refitting and commissioning production plants.
Typical areas of operation are maintenance, machine and plant construction, production technology and the construction of precision devices.
- carry out their work independently in compliance with the relevant specifications and safety regulations, coordinate their work with other areas in the process chain and work as part of a team,
- set up workstations,
- organise and check production and manufacturing processes,
- communicate with internal and external customers in a way that is appropriate to the situation,
- check and document maintenance and assembly work, taking into account the company quality management systems,
- make structural components and subassemblies and assemble them to produce technical systems,
- identify faults in technical systems, together with their causes, and document them,
- overhaul technical systems,
- retrofit machines and systems,
- carry out maintenance work and inspections,
- select testing procedures and equipment,
- hand over technical systems and products to customers, and provide an introduction to using the plant,
- ensure that the technical systems operate correctly,
- monitor and extend electrical control components,
- observe business processes and apply quality management principles in the field of use.