Since 2013 up to now, the Field of Activity 3 (FA 3) “TVET for Skilled Workforce in the Wastewater Sector” as part of the Programme Reform of TVET in Viet Nam, funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has focused on developing and implementing the pilot training programme for Sewage Engineering Technicians in order to produce a higher-skilled workforce for the wastewater sector.
On behalf of BMZ, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) has provided support and consultation to Vietnamese partners, including the TVET institutes, the partner enterprises, the sector association and relevant ministries, in order to develop and implement the cooperative training model.
The College of Technology II (HVCT) is offering the cooperative training programme for “Sewage Engineering Technicians”. This programme has been developed and is being implemented in close cooperation with sewerage companies, including:
- Ho Chi Minh Urban Drainage One Member Limited Company (UDC)
- Ba Ria Vung Tau Urban Sewerage and Development One Member Limited Company (BUSADCO)
- Binh Duong Water Supply, Sewerage, Environment One Member Limited Company (BIWASE)
- Can Tho Water Supply, Sewerage One Member Limited Company (CanthoWassco)
- Khanh Hoa Water Supply, Sewerage Joint Stock Company (KhanhhoaWassco)
The project has not only strengthened the partnership between the TVET institutes, the Vietnam Water Supply and Sewerage Association (VWSA) and the sewerage companies, it has also built capacity for teachers and in-company trainers on effective training methods and the technical aspects of sewage engineering.
This Newsletter Issue Nr. 6 of the FA 3 presents the main activities of the FA 3 in the second half of 2017.
Please download the Newsletter here.