“Should I pursue university career path or choose technical vocational education and training instead?” “What occupation and school should I choose to match my interest, ability, and to ensure job opportunities after graduation?” These were some of the common questions raised by participating high school students and their parents during the discussions on the Open Day which took place on April 22, 2018, at the LILAMA 2 International Technology College (LILAMA 2) in Long Thanh, Dong Nai province. The Open Day attracted more than 1,200 participants including students, their parents and the management boards from high schools in Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Lam Dong provinces, LILAMA 2 alumni and current trainees as well as human resource managers from enterprises.
Sewage Engineering Technicians
Field of activity
Sewage engineering technicians are responsible for operating and maintaining drainage networks as well as municipal and industrial treatment plants.
- Planning, coordinating and operating tasks following technical documents and standards, as well as legal framework
- Maintaining and operating machines, pipe system, facilities and equipment
- Performing measurements and analytical procedures for process and quality control
- Evaluating malfunctions and carrying out electrical works; executing electrical safety methods
- Recognising potential dangers and performing safeguard measures
- Collecting information, recording and evaluating data
- Documenting efficiency and taking measures to ensure quality, safety, health and environmental protection at cost-aware works